Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oops! I missed a day,...

and I was doing so good,... Oh well!

Yesterday's scheduled filled up on us pretty quickly and unexpectedly. We had some errands to run in the morning for a house project we're going to be starting soon (more about that later). Then we went to our awesome babysitter's High School Graduation Open House. Can I just say that was pretty bittersweet for me. I am SO proud of Jessica for completing this chapter in her journey of life and starting her college career soon, but on the other hand I absolutely hate that she is moving away to go to college!


We totally ADORE her. I met Jessica at church years ago during a Summer VBS session and instantly knew this was one special 15 year old. She is smart and mature and funny and responsible and gorgeous. Jessica was Isabella's first and pretty much only babysitter (if you exclude one crazy girl we used only once when Jessica wasn't available or my family members). Isabella specifically tells us to go out so that she can play with Jessica. I don't know what we're going to do without her here. We sure are going to miss her.

So, after the Open House we picked up my Dad and headed down to Tunica, MS to do some shopping at the Outlet Mall. Luckily everyone found a little something. But as you know, nothing works up an appetite like non-stop walking and shopping so we did what anyone else would have done in our situation. We went to the Paula Deen Buffet to eat entirely too much delicious fried food. I don't really have too much to say about it since I've already described our previous Paula Deen Buffet experience in excruciating detail here. But I will say this, it was just as good the second time around as it was the first. And Christie, I did have the Creme Brulee and it was divine!

Anyway, we got home pretty late and I went straight to bed, which is the reason for the lack of posting. I'm not sure what's on our agenda for today, but I'm desperately hoping it involves some vegging out.

2 comments:

Christie said...

YUM!!!! Isn't that the best dessert ever? I hope I am not the crazy babysitter that you are referring to in this post! LOL

Liz said...

OMG! Of course not! I'm talking about a young one who got paid a ton of money and I later found she did nothing with Isabella. Nothing! You silly girl!