Thursday, May 20, 2010

My heart overflows with pride


It's quite bittersweet for me to write this post, but my baby girl graduated from preschool today and the school had a fantastic graduation program for the parents. The kids marched down the aisle to Pomp and Circumstance (OMG! Insert water works here!), and then sang and danced and had a great time saying goodbye to their preschool years. Then they accepted their diplomas and posed for pictures. They were all SO proud. We sat on the very first row and I made sure to take lots of pictures, while doing the ugly cry. The. Entire. Time! The good news is that all the parents were behind us, so lucky for me, they missed it. The bad news,... I probably scarred the kids for life with all the sobbing I did. Oh well, they're resilient little ones. Right?

Anyway, as I have mentioned a lot around here lately, I'll be back soon with lots more pictures and stories, but for now I have to go. We're planning a really fun weekend and I still have to tie some last minute loose ends.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, can you please explain how is the ugly cry????? Is there a cute, pretty, and sexy cry too? Please explain. lol

Love ya'

Krystle said...

Aww Congrats on your baby girl graduating from Pre-School! Such a cute pic! Have a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Isabella & momma :))! I did the ugly cry last week and my son noticed I was the only mom doing it...
BTW- I just read your Puertorrican Barbie blog, hilarious. Looks more like a flamenco dancer to me but what do I know, I'm only half puertorrican myself ;)
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Wow! Liz they are growing so fast! Tell her we are so proud! We will have to get together when we get back in town!
Danyelle