Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A pickin' we will go

I woke up this morning with strawberries on my mind. Lucky for me, Jones Orchard still has their strawberry patch over by Walnut Grove. And since my kids LOVE strawberries and thoroughly enjoy picking (and eating) them, I called my mom and invited her to join us on our little strawberry picking expedition.

So off we went with baskets on hand:
Everyone was determined to find the biggest, reddest, juiciest 
strawberries there:
But apparently, some of us worked harder than others:
who stopped to take way too many "taste tests"
but hey, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Then suddenly, we got a HUGE surprise:
Since it was around his lunch time, Daddy decided to join us.
Just for a little while.
And the kids went BONKERS when they saw him!
When we were satisfied with the amount of strawberries had picked,
and eaten
 we went home to enjoy some yummy lunch,... 
which of course included even more strawberries.

I leave you with my photo of the day:
A treat from me to you
 Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Siempre quise hacerlo mientras viví en Miami por 4 años, pero no puede... algún día!! ¿Estaban deliciosas?
Yadira

Krystle said...

Those strawberries look delish! Your kids have the sweetest faces. They are so cute!

Liz said...

Thanks, ladies! And yes, they were delicious. And that's a good thing considering how many we have.

Jessica said...

I really wish I could eat it!!!!

TLF said...

I need to take my kids out there.. so much fun! Great pictures! :)